Scroll down for Terms of Reference and Application Form.
In 2018, Volleyball Singapore (VSG) set up the VSG – Lui Tiow Kar Volleyball Scholarship. The idea of this scholarship was first mooted in 2016 after the passing of the late Mr Lui Tiow Kar and is fully supported by both VSG and Mrs Lui Tiow Kar.
This Scholarship is the first of such in Singapore Volleyball. The driving force behind the Scholarship is to give recognition to deserving and promising young volleyball athletes to pursue their volleyball dreams.
The Scholarship aims to:
Motivate deserving sports talents to achieve their sporting goals; and
Support high-performing volleyball athletes to pursue excellence in volleyball.
The tenure of the scholarship is one year. The Scholarship has 2 categories. The cash award for each category of scholarship is as follows:
The scholarship is awarded only to Singapore citizens who are either:
- promising athletes from secondary/junior college/ technical institutes; or
- talented athletes from polytechnics/ universities under 25 years old who have represented Singapore in overseas competitions.
Athletes who are recipients of other scholarships are not eligible to apply.*
Interested applicants who are going to be enlisted (within the next 6 months) or currently serving National Service are not eligible to apply.
*Scholarships which are sports scholarship in nature are not eligible. All other scholarship recipients such as those relating to academic scholarships are eligible to apply for our Lui Tiow Kar Scholarship.
- is a Singapore citizen;
- has shown outstanding performance from January to December 2022 in either age-group, inter-school/ national, and/or national sports association-recognised competition/s
- must be of good character & conduct;
- must have his/her application endorsed by his/her school** or VSG; and
- agrees to be profiled in materials produced/approved by VSG and allows the use of his/her photos/images in these materials.
**Applicants waiting for school postings can get their alma maters to endorse their applications.
Click HERE to download the application form.
Submission deadline: 28 July 2023 (Friday), 4:00PM