As Singapore enters phase 3 of re-opening from 28 December 2020, Sport Singapore has further issued an advisory on the safe resumption of sport during this phase. The following will highlight the main points to note as you resume your sporting activities.
- The cap on group size for volleyball will be increased to 8 (or 4v4 format).
- A cap on 50 persons in all SportSG facilities (No change from Phase 2).
- Masks must be worn at all times except when exercising. Physical distancing must be maintained (No change from phase 2).
- For organised programmes and classes, an additional service provider (such as an instructor or a coach) from a permitted enterprise may guide the group per half court.
- In the presence of more than 1 group, there should be no intermingling between groups.
You may refer to the advisory for more details: https://go.gov.sg/sport-in-phase3
The priority must always be protection of public health and minimisation of the risk of community transmission of the virus. It is our responsibility in helping to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
As restrictions ease, our responsibility to each other does not. Singaporeans are urged to remain vigilant and observe safe distancing measures in place to minimise community transmissions. Together, we all have a part to play in keeping COVID-19 at bay and protect ourselves and our loved ones.
This guide will be updated from time to time as further guidance material from government and public health authorities are provided. These guidelines are based on the advisory issued by Sport Singapore on 24 December 2020. We look forward to seeing you on the court soon.